xKore - Last Words (NG Cu xKore - Last Words (NG Cu

I never go on this site anymore, but...

My friend is obsessed with dubstep, and I'm downloading some tracks for him, and this is by far the best one I've heard on Newgrounds. Good deal :)

- LD - Carol of the Wubz - LD - Carol of the Wubz

Sweet

I think the diversity of the...for the lack of better words, "wubs," could have been more substantial, but besides that, the overall form of this remix was quite enjoyable. Not too much else to say...besides that it sounds like Santa meets Mission Impossible. Wiiiinnneeeeerrr!

-ImperfectDisciple-

Two Lives Two Lives

Ironic

I was just writing an idea in my journal the other day about something around the idea of "two lives," sweet stuff. I like this. Very trippy, retro while maintaining a listenable direction.

HarraH responds:

Trippy and retro, exactly what I was going for, thankyou!

-Its a Cold World- -Its a Cold World-

Love it

I must ask: what is that whistle instrument? I heard it in the Wall-E soundtrack and I'm not sure what it is. Maybe the same thing as presented here?

Mrmilkcarton responds:

The pad or the background Synth that plays the arpeggio?

-[ Funky Loop ]- -[ Funky Loop ]-

I like it.

Very funky. The only thing that stands out was the lack of a high end brass part. It never jumped out of it's skin and went that extra mile that funk goes. I just read that you lost the file sadly, sorry to hear that :\

With that in mind, this is lovely. Nice! Maybe some vibraphone next time? :o

FlamingFirebolt responds:

Hmm, a higher brass would be great. But, i'm not doing them myself. I Have to rely on sorohanro. ( Who did a great job to begin with ). Sadly to say, he was really busy with life and couldn't do more recording. I thought, oke, no problem i'll think of something :D. Until my computer died.
I really wish i could finish this one. It's one of those songs whom really come close to what i had in mind. I will try to make a new funk song.. someday :D.
A vibraphone? lol if you could give me a vst or library that has a vibraphone i could try! ^^

Thanks you liked it,
-Firebolt-

[dannyNergy] Thank You ( wip ) [dannyNergy] Thank You ( wip )

Sweet!

It's definitely a nice skeleton to work with.

The lead from the albino 3 was enjoyable. It surprises me that one instrument can do all that.

The entire seemed heavily high frequency, especially the snare/high hat. Maybe a bass synth could even that out, or taking out the high frequencies there.

I can see this going in many places. A nice "bell-like" arpeggio in the higher notes could be fun. I'm not sure what you have in mind so it's hard to give out more ideas without sounding arrogant, haha.

Keep it up!

dannyNergy responds:

thanks , yes i have not added any low end stuff yet.

ALX - Wake Up (SP mix) ALX - Wake Up (SP mix)

Woohoo!

Definitely going to use this for my Old Testament class project. It works perfectly strangely enough. Thanks :)

To comment on the music, I quite enjoyed it. Very repetitive, but catchy melody and countermelody, and very nice buildups. Energetic and lively. I kinda want the main part for a ringtone, haha.

I love the ending, tasteful ;)

-ImperfectDisciple

~EnV~On The Move!(NG Cut) ~EnV~On The Move!(NG Cut)

Hello!

So I was browsing the forums casually today and remember that I created your BBS Signature. I can't remember when that was, but it was a crazy moment when I remembered that.

Anyways, not commenting on anything but the orchestration of the piece itself, this is a fantastic piece. It makes me regret not having DDR at college, which has been a cause of slight sadness :(

My favorite part of this piece has got to be the transition and flow of this piece. It's very natural and musically enjoyable, nothing too abrupt. I enjoyed coming and going away from the main theme into another idea, etc. Very nice!

Envy responds:

Wa ha! Youuu. What was that forum way back when of audio artists? is it still around?

((C2)) Hymn of Gehenna ((C2)) Hymn of Gehenna

Oooooo

There is something quite beautiful about how intense this piece is, but also how tragic it is too. I feel as though the hero is struggling to get through the battle.

I enjoyed the percussion somewhat. I don't think it should be more intense, but I do feel as though more percussion could be used in certain points to accent necessary moments.

Very nice melodic ideas. Nothing fancy or too easy to remember, but it communicates the piece well, and that is what it needs to do.

Xyirx - Dragon's Lair Xyirx - Dragon's Lair

Strong

Great beginning. I'm a big fan of droning bass instruments. The high piano melody was a great complement to the stringed bass.

The buildup of strings with the cymbals was enjoyable. I feel as though some supporting bass would enhance that effect.

I do like the piano in the background, but it feels too quiet. Perhaps a glockenspiel to support the piano arpeggiations from 0:40 to 1:20?

I enjoy the story behind this. I feel goes well with the music.

-ImperfectDisciple-

Xyirx responds:

Thank you very much. :D I sort of realize how strong bass can create such uplifting emotion in the song, so I tried it and it went quite well. I appreciate your suggestions on adding some more instruments to make this piece stronger. I will try to apply it in my future tracks.