Be a Supporter!

Follow ImperfectDisciple

418 audio Reviews with Responses

Two Lives Two Lives

Ironic

I was just writing an idea in my journal the other day about something around the idea of "two lives," sweet stuff. I like this. Very trippy, retro while maintaining a listenable direction.

HarraH responds:

Trippy and retro, exactly what I was going for, thankyou!

-Its a Cold World- -Its a Cold World-

Love it

I must ask: what is that whistle instrument? I heard it in the Wall-E soundtrack and I'm not sure what it is. Maybe the same thing as presented here?

Mrmilkcarton responds:

The pad or the background Synth that plays the arpeggio?

-[ Funky Loop ]- -[ Funky Loop ]-

I like it.

Very funky. The only thing that stands out was the lack of a high end brass part. It never jumped out of it's skin and went that extra mile that funk goes. I just read that you lost the file sadly, sorry to hear that :\

With that in mind, this is lovely. Nice! Maybe some vibraphone next time? :o

FlamingFirebolt responds:

Hmm, a higher brass would be great. But, i'm not doing them myself. I Have to rely on sorohanro. ( Who did a great job to begin with ). Sadly to say, he was really busy with life and couldn't do more recording. I thought, oke, no problem i'll think of something :D. Until my computer died.
I really wish i could finish this one. It's one of those songs whom really come close to what i had in mind. I will try to make a new funk song.. someday :D.
A vibraphone? lol if you could give me a vst or library that has a vibraphone i could try! ^^

Thanks you liked it,
-Firebolt-

[dannyNergy] Thank You ( wip ) [dannyNergy] Thank You ( wip )

Sweet!

It's definitely a nice skeleton to work with.

The lead from the albino 3 was enjoyable. It surprises me that one instrument can do all that.

The entire seemed heavily high frequency, especially the snare/high hat. Maybe a bass synth could even that out, or taking out the high frequencies there.

I can see this going in many places. A nice "bell-like" arpeggio in the higher notes could be fun. I'm not sure what you have in mind so it's hard to give out more ideas without sounding arrogant, haha.

Keep it up!

dannyNergy responds:

thanks , yes i have not added any low end stuff yet.

What? No Marshmallows? What? No Marshmallows?

Awesome

Very nice melodic theme and form, I enjoyed it :)

I was sad that there were no marshmallows though :(

thatcomposerguy responds:

Truly a sad day. But, there will be a day when marshmallows will be available for all at no charge.

~EnV~On The Move!(NG Cut) ~EnV~On The Move!(NG Cut)

Hello!

So I was browsing the forums casually today and remember that I created your BBS Signature. I can't remember when that was, but it was a crazy moment when I remembered that.

Anyways, not commenting on anything but the orchestration of the piece itself, this is a fantastic piece. It makes me regret not having DDR at college, which has been a cause of slight sadness :(

My favorite part of this piece has got to be the transition and flow of this piece. It's very natural and musically enjoyable, nothing too abrupt. I enjoyed coming and going away from the main theme into another idea, etc. Very nice!

Envy responds:

Wa ha! Youuu. What was that forum way back when of audio artists? is it still around?

Xyirx - Dragon's Lair Xyirx - Dragon's Lair

Strong

Great beginning. I'm a big fan of droning bass instruments. The high piano melody was a great complement to the stringed bass.

The buildup of strings with the cymbals was enjoyable. I feel as though some supporting bass would enhance that effect.

I do like the piano in the background, but it feels too quiet. Perhaps a glockenspiel to support the piano arpeggiations from 0:40 to 1:20?

I enjoy the story behind this. I feel goes well with the music.

-ImperfectDisciple-

Xyirx responds:

Thank you very much. :D I sort of realize how strong bass can create such uplifting emotion in the song, so I tried it and it went quite well. I appreciate your suggestions on adding some more instruments to make this piece stronger. I will try to apply it in my future tracks.

(wf1)/ktrecords Melanchol (wf1)/ktrecords Melanchol

Pretty good

I found the melody and the imitative counterpoint between the piano and the cello to be the most fascinating part of this piece. It was striking in building up a sense of the melancholy feelings, continually rising until tears come.

I did not find the harmonic structure of the song to be quite appealing in relation to the feeling of melancholy. I feel some small bits of stronger dissonance in chords and such could improve the rise and fall of different emotions within a melancholy space.

Overall, quite enjoyable. I can see this being the song of a fallen land, taken by something mysterious that no one can put their minds to.

-ImperfectDisciple-

wyldfyre1 responds:

Glad you enjoyed, thanks for the review.

Owl City - VT (Beatsource RMX) Owl City - VT (Beatsource RMX)

Good concept.

Nice sound and idea. I was entertained for the first 30 seconds. Then I dozed off.

Didn't have enough variety to be called a true remix. Felt more like a dance cover, and even for a dance cover, it was pretty boring. A better breakdown (maybe one covering the solo in between the verses in the actual song) would be more appropriate. Otherwise, this song was all verses, whether the singer or the instruments. Not anything new or different in any sense except that the song is in a different style.

Ethalyn responds:

I agree :) This remix was done in 3 hours, nothing less, nothing more, in fact FL says i spent 2 hours and 57 minutes on it, not even on and off, i got the vocals, i got the MIDI, and made this piece of shit. Tbh this was a 'view-raiser' video for my youtube ;) You know? People love Owl City, and people need remixers, so i just did it... it's an alright mix though, it gives dance fans what they want, a beat to some sweet ass vocals, don't judge me based on this song alone though, i'd ask of you to check out some of my other mixes, mixes i actually spend time on, and put my soul into :)

Landslide- Cayler Landslide- Cayler

Nice!

I like this :) I think I've heard this song before, but I take pleasure in this style. The piano/strings/vocal sounds perfect. :) Thanks, this made my day!

Cayler responds:

You're very welcome, I'm glad you liked it.